I am a woman needing support
Apna Haq exists to support black and minority ethnic (BME) women and girls who are experiencing violence to leave their situation and make a better life for themselves and their children. Our support is available to women of any religion or no religion, and any sexuality, who live in (or have connections to) Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
Below is some helpful information on accessing support from Apna Haq
If you are not comfortable contacting us yourself, you can ask your doctor, or other agency to refer you to us.
Once you are referred to us, we will set up an initial meeting. This can be in person or on the phone. We can provide an interpreter if necessary.
We will listen to your situation and provide you with appropriate advice and support. We will support you to leave the violent situation. We will also refer you to legal advice and support if necessary.
After you have left, we will continue to support you to build your confidence and wellbeing.
If you are not from the Rotherham or the local South Yorkshire area, or a black and minority ethnic woman, below are a list of other services that support women experiencing violence
If you are lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex and experiencing violence we can support you. Below are additional specialist services that can support BME women who identify as LGBTI.
- SPICE Bradford, (Sisters Promoting Identity, Culture and Empowerment) is a social/support group for Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans & Queer women of colour: 07585 136204
- Imaan, the UK’s leading LGBTQ Muslim charity: email@example.com
- NAZ, the sexual health charity dedicated to BME people experiencing better sexual health: 020 8741 1879
- Ashiana, support for BAME women affected by domestic & sexual abuse: 0114 255 5740
- Roshini, advancing the welfare and education of Asian women in Sheffield: 0114 250 8898
- Sheffield Rape Crisis, specialist sexual violence service providing support to all survivors of rape and sexual abuse: 0114 244 7936
- VIDA, specialist domestic and sexual abuse services and training: 0114 275 010101
- Sheffield Together Women Project, holistic and gender-specific support to vulnerable women across Sheffield: 0114 275 8282